Localboxoffice Limited (“we”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (The Act), the data controller is Localboxoffice Limited of 42 High Street, Oxted, Surrey RH8 9LP.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
1. Information that we provide by filling in forms on our site at www.localboxoffice.com (“our site”). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material and requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
2. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
3. We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
4. Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
5. Details of your visits to our site including but not limited to, traffic data, location data, web logs and other communication data, whether this is required for a billing purpose or otherwise and the resources which you access.
6. We do store the last 4 digits of the credit or debit card used to make a booking. This allows the event organizer to verify the purchaser when reconciling the ticket references.
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advisors. This is statistical data about our users browser actions and patents, and does not identify any individual. For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computers hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us;
1. To estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
2. to store information about your preferences, and to allow to customize our site according to your individual interest.
3. to speed up your searches.
4. to recognise you when you return to our site.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Although we do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site, any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security procedures to try to prevent unauthorised access.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
1. to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer
2. to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
3. to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
4. to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you chose to do so;
5. to notify you about changes to our service.
We do not sell your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent.
We may use your data to provide you with information about goods, services or events which may be of interest to you and we may contact you about these by email, post or telephone.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail, or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we will contact you by electronic means unless you have not consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details onto third parties for marketing purposes, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day) we may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1) we may also use the personal we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience
If you would prefer we did not send you marketing communication, please update your privacy preferences, available in My Localboxoffice.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiary’s, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiary’s, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:-
1. In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
2. If Localboxoffice or substantially all of its assets are required by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from websites for advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.